Morphology and Anatomy:
- Chromosome number (n)=5 or 10.
- Length of adult not exceeding 6 mm. Coefficient "a" (ratio of body
length to width) generally lower than 80.
- Stirrup-shaped amphids.
- Strong odontostyle,
forked at the junction with odontophore; base of odontophore with well-developed
- Guiding ring of the odontostyle posteriorly located near base of odontostyle.
- Glandular and muscular posterior region of
- Uterus often showing strong and peculiar differentiations.
- Shape and length of the tail extremely variable (coefficient "c"
[ratio of tail length to anal body diameter] varying from 0.6 to 15.0).
- Males with, at most, 7 supplements.
Lamberti, Taylor and Seinhorst, Nematode Vectors of Plant Viruses, New York:
Plenum Press (1974), p. 40.
Go to Nemaplex Home Page