Laboratory Exercise 10
Term Project: Introduction to Management
Plans; background for the Dear Becky Letter.
Powerpoint presentation: Nematodes as
- Count the nematodes that you extracted from your soil samples.
- Divide the suspension in half, save one half for future lab periods and
centrifuge the other half.
- Siphon off the supernatant and resuspend the pellet in the small volume of
- Place suspension on a microscope slide, immobilize nematodes with gentle
heat, apply coverslip and seal.
- Categorize 100 nematodes into trophic guilds per
lab handouts and
- Record data on sheet provided.
Nematology 100 Menu